Sunday, January 27, 2013

Entry 010

I spent an evening with my other friend couple weeks ago, I'll call her Greenie. She's a elementary school friend of mine with whom I hadn't been in contact for couple of years before having a random chat on Messenger two years ago or so. We noticed that we had same interests: she had grown to be a gamer and also followed quite a few anime series that I did, too.
The last time we had seen each other was in October at Yamacon. When Christmas came she asked me to tell if there were any days I could hang out, and so happened a phone call:

We both had difficulties to decide what to do until I suggested that we'd play something. I ended up playing Final Fantasy VII on her PC.

It was pretty interesting. Seemed like a good game, which was predictable. Though I have to admit that Cloud's attitude towards, well, everything amused me quite a bit.
And another thing that amused me was the whole essence of Barret.
Uga buga. Uggagaga bugaga!

I'm sorry I just had to XD Somehow I like his design, it's not your ordinary JRPG character design. But from time to time it's just too hilarious to deal with!

The gameplay was also something I was not familiar with. The battle system is basically turn-based but with time limits which, at least according to Greenie, shorten eventually when your characters have evolved enough. It got time to get used to it after having played FFX, but I managed to do it.
I also liked the soundtrack! The battle music was something I recognized right away. Maybe because I have heard it before while watching FF Dissidia battles on YouTube...

But I guess I have spoiled a bit too much. I had to see Cloud's dream voices talk to him only twice before I realized who it was... Oh man.

No comments:

Post a Comment