Friday, March 22, 2013

Entry 011

So, it's been a while again. A lot has happened and I'm not gonna cover it all in this one post. So, first thing to tell about:
Desucon Frostbite.

It was quite an interesting experience. Why?
Because we did it as an all-nighter.
Once again, yes.

I spent most of the time with a friend of mine that I'll call Saphire from now on. It's funny how we met, we took singing lessons and then realized with one of her friends that we all were at Desucon 2011 watching a same lecture - sitting in a same row almost next to each other!
Year and a half later, we have done a pair cosplay and spent a night keeping ourselves awake. Or rather, she was keeping herself awake while I was snoozing in a corner. But the cosplay was nice and it gave us some fun moments! Although her wig was apparently quite itchy.
(Picture maybe later, I don't have any at the moment...)

There was a panel we went to see that went by a title "That wasn't supposed to go like that! - The reparation panel of broken anime-series", and one of the animes was No.6. Well, I just had to go and see it. Because well, I enjoyed No.6 a lot and had to see what kind of flaws other people saw in it.
Look, my babies~ (artwork: No.6 official anime art)

They critisized No.6's pacing a lot. That one I must admit, it's not easy to adapt nine volumes of light novels into 11 anime episodes. Unfortunately, they didn't succeed perfectly, but I didn't mind so much.
Then I read the light novels. And oh gosh they were GOOD. Now I see why the anime wasn't as good as it could have been.
The thing that annoyed me, however, was how they critisized Shion's reasoning and being naive. Well of course he's naive, he hasn't seen any kind of life other than his own in the utopistic city! He believing that the problem of inside the city and outside the city existing would be solved by breaking the wall that keeps them apart is only natural for a person like him!
A big flaw I see in the anime compared to those light novels is that it left out quite a bit of information. We don't get that good a grip of the characters beause of it. Of course Shion and Nezumi are portrayed well, but for example Inukashi is left a little incomplete as a developing character.
And the ending. I preferred the light novels' one. No unnecessary fantasy elements. And a much clearer picture of the situation that those two are left in.
But yeah, enough ranting. I'll continue next time.

P.S. I made a new blog (Kaksi marjaa ja hedelmä, in Finnish) focusing on cosplay with two young friends of mine, do check it out! Its layout it still a bit in progress, but we have started blogging already.

No comments:

Post a Comment