Monday, May 14, 2012

Entry 002

Start roleplaying, they said.
Become a Game Master, they said.
It'll be fun, they said.

It sure is fun, I admit. Until you realise the amount of planning required for each and every session.

I had my first proper Dungeons and Dragons -session as the GM a couple of weeks ago. It was a great success, but the lack of preparations made it a bit... interesting. I had to improvise almost every name that came across (apparently my imagination still works yayy), and my lovely and active five-player party didn't spend that much time on tasks I had planned beforehand, so I had to come up with something extra while waiting our classroom reservation time to expire. I didn't even give them any experience points because of the simple nature of the tasks (and therefore, myself).


What is this I don't even.

Yeah. Note to self: plan your sessions properly and ALWAYS ADD SOME EXTRA in case your players are faster than you expected.

Ah well. Now I should plan our next session. Luckily, I've got some ideas already (not gonna tell them here, my players might be reading)! Oh, and we should, or I should, decide when and where it will be.
I'm just hoping they all get it there, we haven't had a single session without someone missing... And they are so much fun that I just want to share the happiness with ALL of my wonderful players.

Second entry in two days... I don't think I'll be able to continue this kind of posting pace for long.
Well, let's enjoy it while we still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment