Sunday, May 20, 2012

Entry 004

Would this be the first time I'd do some fangirling? Would you let me do it?
Ah well, I'll do it anyway.

Umineko no naku koro ni. When seagulls cry.

A family convention in an island. A typhoon. A series of murders committed in disturbing circumstances. Who is the murderer? There are 18 people on the island - or are there? Is the murderer one of the 18 - or a witch? Is the witch a witch at all?
This is the target of my current obsession. Briefly said.

I was introduced to this one about three years ago when the anime came out. I watched it through and thought it was ok. Then, some time later, I discovered the originals. The sound novels.
I. Was. Stunned.
For a doujinshi sound novel it was absolutely amazing. It's a perfect combination of detective stories and fantasy - a true battle between those two genres, Battler in the detective story side and Beatrice in the fantasy side. I fell in love with the music pieces, the athmosphere, the story and the characters. Ok, the art is a bit crappy, but to me it didn't really matter.
And i just love the character development, especially in case of both Beatrice and Battler. The God-Damn Battler from EP6 on... Y U SO AWSUM I WANNA TAKE YOU HOOOOME~
Ok. End of fangirling.

This summer, I'm going to do some cosplaying. One of the characters will be Furfur from Umineko EP6 (and EP7). Furfur is a demon of love with Zepar, and they always appear together when summoned. Me and my Zepar will have some goooood time.
Oh, and they are of opposite genders. You sure can see which is which.
Furfur at left, Zepar at right.
U MAD? >:D

Anyway.
These costumes need some time. What we already have is all the fabrics, base for both torsos, shoes, Zepar's berret and hair, Furfur's socks, Zepar's stripy sock and those stripy insides of Zepar's bottom.
We also have Zepar's other sock and one of Furfur's gloves in progress.
I guess I'll have to use my own hair with this. I just hope it's not too red-red. That's a bit more... Orange-red.
Here are the socks and the shoes!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment